Monday, September 14, 2009

MBA Games - the downside of diversity

Briefly after the M-treks our never tired MBA2s organized the next great event for us: The MBA Games.

A collection of Sport Events like Soccer, Football, Softball, Volleyball etc. in which the different sections of the MBA program competed against each other.

Unfortunately my section finished last (by a mile :-().
We only managed to win the 4x400m race.

I personally failed miserably in Kickball (sort of Baseball but you kick a ball instead of hitting a baseball) where my section lost the very first game.
For the rest of the day I played Volleyball with five friends from my section. That was a lot of fun and we managed to reach the final.

In the final I realized the downside of diversity! Was ist really necessary to admit a player from the Israel National Volleyball team to the MBA program? Couldn't we have taken another overweight, uncoordinated Consultant or I-banker? ;-)

Well, at least over 100m I did not have to compete with the sprinter from the US national team who is in my class.


Another great day and fun event! THANKS again to the MBA2s for organizing!
The MBA2s also managed to convince several companies to sponsor that event a.o. Proctor & Gamble, IBM and Accenture. Embarrassingly Accenture did not even show up.

No comments:

Post a Comment