Saturday, January 1, 2011

A tough decision to end an awesome 2010

When I started preparing for interviews I had a hard time coming up with a good story about a very tough decision I had to make in the past; while I hope to not be interviewing anymore in the near future, I now have a very good story on this.

After I decided to start my post-MBA career in the US, I was fortunate enough to receive offers from all of the top three consulting firms.
In the end I decided to join BCG in their Detroit office. I am super happy and excited about that!
I need to emphasize though what a tough decision this was. After a great summer and two other very compelling offers at amazing firms I had a very hard time deciding this. Therefore I want to thank everybody within and outside these firms who helped me make this decision! Very much appreciated - I owe you!

I now look forward to an exchange term in Barcelona at IESE. The downside is that my time at Ross is officially over. So it was a bittersweet feeling leaving Ann Arbor for Christmas.

Wish you all a happy 2011 and in case you like Barcelona as much as I do, come visit!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! And a happy new year! Wie lange bist Du in Barca?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danke Juri!
    Dir und Deiner Familie auch ein gutes neues Jahr!
    Ich bin bis Mitte April in Barcelona.
    Wenn Ihr Zeit habt, seit Ihr jederzeit willkommen!

    ReplyDelete