Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Fall Break - One down

Yes, hard to believe, but after seven weeks the first term is already over.
What did I accomplish? Well, I am not allowed to disclose my grades. :-p But anyway way more valuable, the comment on our strategy paper: "Well argued!" :-)
Thanks to Ali, Filiz, Elizabeth and Brett. I was a pleasure working with you.
I guess we managed to impress our professor - at least a little.

Next stop: Fall Break!
I had one week off.
Together with 250 students I went to San Francisco. The official part of the trip was visiting companies in Silicon Valley, but way more important, having some fun in San Fran!



With a delay of half a day I arrived there, after Delta Airlines found some "technical issue" and decided to rather cancel my flight and have me wait 6 hours for the next flight.
But it least I arrived on time to meet a German MBA Student from Berkeley, who took me to San Francisco's oldest bar. A great start to a fun week!
The following day we went liquor tasting to "Hangar One". The sign at the entrance left no doubt: Emotional support, this was what we needed after Fall A. ;-)



Needless to say that this wonderful company was founded by a German!
And yes, Felix, not only the alcohol also the glasses were German. ;-)



The same day the Bay Bridge needed to be closed since a cable snapped. (As far as I know it took one week to repair it!) However there is of course no correlation between the incident on the bridge and the liquor.
The following two days were mainly business and networking events. The parts worth mentioning: a great keynote address from a venture capitalist on the economic situation and a company visit at Nvidia, which showed us their latest products.

Unfortunately after two more days, the break was already over. We used those two days to find out that it is possible to sleep with 5 people in one hotel room and that at Halloween San Francisco is even more expensive than usually.

So on Sunday I flew back to Ann Arbor. I even got there on time! Although Delta proactively cancelled my ticket. Why not?!? I guess I was right talking about what a horrible industry the airline industry is.

The next day: First day of Fall B. Classes: Finance, Management Organizations, Marketing and World Economy.
While it took two weeks in Fall A until I felt overwhelmed, it would only take about 2 hours in Fall B to reach this status. Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment